BULLDOG BOXES: a summer program of Bulldog Bags, Inc.
- Bulldog Boxes started in June 2018 to help the families of children eligible for the Free and Reduced Meal Program in the Stow-Munroe Falls City School District stretch their summer budgets, when the children are home for all their meals;
- Bulldog Boxes are for families;
- Bulldog Boxes have 10/meals/snacks in family-size portions;
- Bulldog Boxes are one per household;
- Families must pre-register to receive a Bulldog Box;
- Bulldog Boxes are distributed from a central location 1 weekend a month in June, July, and August.
2020 BULLDOG BOXES:
- Bulldog Boxes were provided to families in June, July, and August; a second Box was added in August due to the delay in the start of school;
- A total of 363 Bulldog Boxes were provided to an average of 91 families each month; this was twice as many families as were served in the summer of 2019;
- Items for the Bulldog Boxes were acquired through community donations, purchases from the Akron-Canton Regional Food Bank, and purchases from local retailers;
- Total weight of the Bulldog Boxes distributed was 20,899#;
- Total retail value of the Bulldog Boxes was almost $47,000.00; average retail value of a Bulldog Box was $129.66;
- Average actual cost of a Bulldog Box was $36.50.
- If you have questions about Bulldog Boxes, please email email@example.com