BULLDOG BOXES: a summer program of Bulldog Bags, Inc.
- Bulldog Boxes started in June 2018 to help the families of children eligible for the Free and Reduced Meal Program in the Stow-Munroe Falls City School District stretch their summer budgets, when the children are home for all their meals;
- Bulldog Boxes have 10/meals/snacks in family-size portions;
- Bulldog Boxes are one per household;
- Families must pre-register to receive a Bulldog Box;
- Bulldog Boxes are distributed 1 weekend a month in June, July, and August;
In Summer 2019, an average of 55 families, comprised of 110 children and 101 adults, were served through Bulldog Boxes. The average retail cost of a regular Bulldog Box, which was provided to families of 5 and under, was $86.18; the average retail cost of a large box, which was provided to families of 6 and over, was $102.15. A total of 5,235.4# of food was distributed through the Bulldog Boxes Program.
2020 BULLDOG BOXES:
Registration for eligible families will start in March 2020; Boxes will be distributed to registered families on June 12 and 13, July 10 and 11; August 7 and 8th. Registration information will be sent on in March Bulldog Bags.